Thursday, June 26, 2008

Adoring fans

I visit a blog called Shakesville five days a week, mostly because I think Melissa McEwan is one of the best writers on the internet. Her pieces resonate with me, because she's a whip-smart, sassy broad who slings snarky humor around like no one else. She's a chick that I'd love to share a bottle of Jameson with sometime (that's an open invitation, Liss).

She's got a post up called "Because They're From Venus" that is today's required reading. I nodded my head so hard in agreement while reading it that I had to pop an aspirin afterwards. As my longtime readers know, I'm no stranger to hate mail from the occasional angry menz. Now, I've gotten plenty of friendly and flattering emails from men as well, which I appreciate, but I'm not talking about you lovelies today. Of course, I manage to have fun with the occasional heckler, but still...that sort of thing just shouldn't be happening, should it? How very rude.

Melissa discusses this phenomenon with her usual rapier wit:
I don't know what Wolfers' hate-mailers want from him, but I suspect it isn't all that different from what my hate-mailers want from me—a reaction, a show of fear, some sort of communication that we have been suitably intimidated, and, in the best case scenario, our slinking off into the ether for fear that our hate-mailers will make their dark fantasies our reality.

Wev.
Love it.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Melissa McEwan said...

She's a chick that I'd love to share a bottle of Jameson with sometime

Right back atcha. ;-)

9:20 AM  
Blogger Linnaeus said...

If you're interested in bumping it up a notch, may I recommend a nice 12-year Irish whiskey called Redbreast. It's made by the Jameson folks, so if you're loyal to that brand, well, you won't go astray.

5:15 PM  
Blogger Letty Cruz said...

She nailed it indeed. Yes, that's the stank whiff I get from the hate-mailers, trolls, generally miserable hecklers: Trying way too hard to make one cower and shut up; hoping one will live down to their darkest wish for us. *raising Sam Adams Summer Ale in salute*

:)

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

dating

I'm a C-list Blogebrity
A Member of Bust's Girl Wide Web

< ? Redhead Blogs # >

Personal Blogs
Personal Blogs /body>