Sunday, January 15, 2006

Why this blog?

"Girl, you are such a FREAK MAGNET!"

I've been dating for about 20 years now. I've been in a couple of good relationships. I genuinely like men; I enjoy their company, and feel a real kinship with many of them. I have a great relationship with my father, who is a loving, loyal and thoughtful man. I grew up in a very stable household with parents who loved me, my sister and each other. My family is filled with strong and funny women who are married to loving and hardworking men. On paper, I am the perfect candidate for a stable, happy relationship.

Something has gone terribly wrong.

Almost everywhere I go, I will attract the weirdest, most unhinged character within 100 feet of where I'm standing. It's usually a man, but I get the occasional woman too. Now, I'm not the paranoid type - I spent years chalking it all up to coincidence. I'm pretty cheerful, you know? Most things slide right off my back. But once other people - friends, coworkers, family - started pointing out (repeatedly) that I am some type of freak magnet, I started to think back over all the bad dates and other bizarre experiences I've had. I started listing my encounters, and it's not a short list.

Whenever I share one of my more bizarre dates with a friend, the response I get is usually something along the lines of:

"You've got to be kidding."
"You're making that up!"
"This would only happen to you."
"You're lying. Seriously. Aren't you?"
"You are such a freak magnet!"

It's become something of a joke among the people who know me; I'm the one with all the weird dating stories. It makes me a real hit at parties, which is fine, since I'm a very social gal. However, I have to admit to wondering which of the planets in my birth chart is way out of alignment. I mean way, WAY out of alignment. For as I add to this blog, dear readers, you will see that I am a true freak magnet.

Let me be clear. I do enjoy being single, and am in no rush to get married (if, in fact, I ever get married at all). I'm very independent and adventurous; I've sold all of my stuff, packed two suitcases and moved across the country to a new city - with no job, knowing only one person in my new home - twice. I like calling all the shots in my own life. I like not having to check in with anyone, or to have to check someone else's schedule when I want to go out/have a girl's weekend/go to a company party. I know the time will come when I will meet a great guy, and we will totally vibe each other, and a healthy relationship will result. But I am traveling a hell of a bumpy road on the way to that relationship, and it's starting to give me a headache.

So that brings me here, gentle readers. I'm committed to exorcising the demons of my dating past and present. I keep putting myself out there, with my hopeful eyes on a brighter future, sans freaks. In the meantime, enjoy my stories. I swear that every single one of them is true - with all names changed to protect the guilty.

Into every life, a few freaks must fall.

17 Comments:

Blogger yogaprincess said...

hey did you know ginger will help soothe a sore tummy? yep one of the things I've learned in my training! one day you will be the ginger to some not so freaky soul's tummy. where's hot hiker guy when we need him?

-Tab

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ginger,

I just started reading your blog and can't stop laughing. I always thought *I* was the ultimate freak magnet, but it's nice to know that I'm not the only one out there... An example for one of my "dream" dates: On our first date, the guy tells me all the gory details about his penis operation (and this during dinner) and then goes on to gush about his ex-girlfriend of 10 years who broke up with him two weeks prior to OUR date. Right-o.

It does suck though; the stories are funny for entertaining friends, but after each horror date I just want to give up and hide. :-) So I totally feel your pain!

~Karin

4:21 PM  
Blogger Ginger said...

Welcome anon. Read up and laugh away. As for me, if I don't laugh, I'll cry!

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Found your blog by accident, and have returned repeatedly after recovering from the ensuing laughter. It's so very reassuring to know that I'm not the only one who gets singled out by the recently discharged mental patient on the bus or who is the object of some random stranger's midday poledancing antics. You kick *ass.

ETL

8:39 AM  
Blogger Ginger said...

Awww, thanks, ETL. Y'all come back soon, ya hear?

11:28 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

uggs outlet, michael kors outlet online, true religion outlet, polo lacoste, hollister pas cher, coach outlet, vans pas cher, nike air max uk, burberry handbags, lululemon canada, true religion jeans, replica handbags, michael kors outlet, sac vanessa bruno, timberland pas cher, new balance, michael kors outlet online, guess pas cher, ray ban uk, michael kors, nike air force, coach purses, ralph lauren uk, north face uk, michael kors outlet online, true religion outlet, nike free uk, north face, nike air max, oakley pas cher, michael kors outlet, converse pas cher, nike tn, hollister uk, hogan outlet, coach outlet store online, nike air max uk, true religion outlet, abercrombie and fitch uk, mulberry uk, michael kors, burberry outlet, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet, ray ban pas cher, nike blazer pas cher, sac hermes, kate spade

6:08 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

swarovski, karen millen uk, louis vuitton, barbour, moncler outlet, juicy couture outlet, moncler, canada goose, canada goose outlet, canada goose outlet, pandora charms, converse, replica watches, pandora jewelry, doudoune moncler, canada goose uk, thomas sabo, lancel, moncler, canada goose outlet, ray ban, coach outlet, louis vuitton, juicy couture outlet, converse outlet, moncler uk, ugg pas cher, marc jacobs, supra shoes, links of london, montre pas cher, hollister, pandora uk, pandora jewelry, wedding dresses, louis vuitton, moncler, moncler outlet, hollister, gucci, toms shoes, ugg, nike air max, canada goose, swarovski crystal, louis vuitton, canada goose jackets, canada goose, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, louis vuitton, vans, barbour uk

6:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Michigan lost the louboutin outlet game, then cheap nfl jerseys it lost its cool. Coach Jim Harbaugh repeatedly criticized the officiating and Heisman Trophy NFL Jerseys candidate Jabrill Peppers pushed a fan in the face after the nfl jerseys store crowd stormed the field in the wake of second-ranked Ohio State’s dramatic 30-27, double-overtime victory over No. 3 Michigan at The Horseshoe. “I thought there were some outrageous calls, including christian louboutin shoes the Nike Air Max 90 one that ended the game,” Harbaugh Nike Air Max 2015 Shoes said. The call Harbaugh questioned was a christian louboutin uk fourth-and-1 attempt by Nike Roshe Run Ohio State (11-1) wholesale nfl jerseys in the Nike Free Run second overtime with Michigan leading 27-24.

7:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

-شركة نقل عفش بجدة تعتبر مهمة تغير محل السكن أو العمل من المهام الشاقة، التي يتعرض لها الكثير من سكان جدة، مما يجعلهم يلجئون لشركات نقل العفش والأثاث بجدة حتى تساعدهم في تنفيذ مهام النقل المتميزة، لذا فما عليك غير التعامل مع شركة نقل عفش بجدة، التي تقدم كافة أعمال النقل وأصعب الأعمال من خلال فريق عملها المحترف، وأيضاً حرصها الدائم على توفير أفضل الوسائل والأساليب المستخدمة في نقل العفش والأثاث فشركتنا الأفضل على مستوى العالم كله وليس بجدة فقط، لحرصها الدائم على إن تقدم كافة خدماتها بأقل الأسعار، فهي تسعى دائم أن تكسب ثقة عملائها ولا تكسب الكثير من المال من فراغ.
شركة نقل عفش بجدة
شركة شراء اثاث مستعمل بجدة
شركة نقل عفش بمكة

جميع المواطنين بلا استثناء في مدينه جده يحتاجون إلى الكثير من الخدمات وهناك خدمات يستطيع المواطن العادي التعامل معها وحلها دون الاستعانة بأي شخص أخر و خدمات أخرى، لابد فيها من أن يتعاون مع أشخاص آخرين لكي يتم انجاز هذه الخدمة بدون إي عواقب وخيمة على سبيل المثال يتعرض الإنسان بشكل يومي، إلى مشاكل عديدة مرتبطة بالمياه وبالكهرباء تمديد الغاز، وهذه المشكلات لابد فيها من التعامل مع شركات متخصصة في هذه المجالات لكي يتم تجنب المشاكل قدر الإمكان وان كنت تبحث عن شركه متميزة في هذه المجالات فلا تتردد بالاتصال بشركاتنا فهي توفر طاقم كبير أعمال الكهرباء والسباكة و أعمال تمديد الغاز، وذلك بدر الآن للتعاون معنا دون أي تردد.
سباك بجدة
فني دش بجدة
معلم جبس بورد بجدة
قهوجيين بجدة
كهربائي بجدة
شركة تمديد الغاز المركزي بجدة

شركة تنسيق حدائق بجدة


4:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

qzz0707
pandora outlet
gucci outlet
tory burch outlet
air jordan shoes
ray ban sunglasses
fitflops sale clearance
longchamp pas cher
ugg outlet
swarovski outlet
swarovski outlet

8:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

www0718
ralph lauren polo shirts
coach outlet
tory burch outlet
michael kors uk
chloe outlet
longchamp solde
uggs outlet
polo outlet
ralph lauren pas cher
ray ban sunglasses

6:47 PM  
Blogger OGEN Infosystem (P) Limited said...

Thank you so much sharing such an amazing blog. It’s really helpful for me. Visit for
Web Design Company in Delhi

12:42 AM  
Blogger Aadhya Sharma said...

Thanks for sharing the interesting information, the article is very interesting to read and may be useful for everything. Visit for:
web development company in noida

4:14 AM  
Blogger Mai said...

الجميرة
شركةتلميع وجلى رخام فى عجمان
شركة تنظيف فى عجمان
خدمات عجمان

1:11 PM  
Blogger الفارس كلين said...






شركه تنظيف منازل بالدمام


شركه تنظيف مكيفات بالدمام

شركه مكافحه حشرات بالدمام

شركه تنظيف كنب وسجاد بالخرج
شركه تنظيف منازل بالقطيف
شركه تنظيف خزانات بالقطيف
شركه تنظيف شقق بالقطيف
شركه مكافحه حشرات بالقطيف
شركه تنظيف منازل بالخبر
شركه تنظيف خزانات بالخبر

2:51 PM  
Blogger menna said...

الامانة كلين
شركات تنظيف المنازل فى الشارقة
شركة تنظيف فلل فى الشارقة
شركة تلميع وجلى رخام فى الشارقة

1:13 PM  
Blogger Mai said...

خدمات تلال
افضل شركة تعقيم فلل وقصور بالبخار في رأس الخيمة
شركة تنظيف كنب مع التعقيم بالبخار في رأس الخيمة

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

dating

I'm a C-list Blogebrity
A Member of Bust's Girl Wide Web

< ? Redhead Blogs # >

Personal Blogs
Personal Blogs /body>