Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Is that a ten-gallon hat, or are you just enjoying the show?

My crush on Gene Wilder, which began when I first saw Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, was solidified the day I watched Mel Brooks' Blazing Saddles with my dad. It is one of my all time favorite, "desert island" movies. Odienator over at Big Media Vandalism wrote a post about it that is so amazing, I really have nothing to add...except this.


Of course, Gene Wilder isn't the only reason to watch the movie. It features Mel Brooks, Harvey Corman, Cleavon Little and the exquisite Madeline Kahn:


At the end of the day, though, I still have a major crush on only one cast member - The Waco Kid.

Via Chaos Theory.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love Gene Wilder! My favorites are Young Frankenstein, The Frisco Kid and Stir Crazy. "Harry! I'm freaking!"

5:21 AM  
Blogger Linnaeus said...

Best Mel Brooks movie ever.

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately I don't think that one will be made into a musical.

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

dating

I'm a C-list Blogebrity
A Member of Bust's Girl Wide Web

< ? Redhead Blogs # >

Personal Blogs
Personal Blogs /body>