Friday, April 13, 2007

Advice from a heartless bitch


Buried at PhotoCasket.com

Some Friday fun: a fantastic rant from one of my favorite websites, Heartless Bitches International. This excerpt is pretty acidic, but the post itself isn't the anti-man rant that it appears to be at first. Check it:
Too many men derive their sense of superiority from the fact that that they think they must be needed by women. The primordial fear instilled by strong women into the unevolved mind is one that says "If a women don’t need me, then what good am I? What do I have to offer? How can I control her and the relationship if she doesn't need me?" In the same way that women need to re-think their roles in society, so too do men. They need to realize that they have to offer much more to a relationship than a paycheck and jar opener service. They need to stop treating their romantic relationships as competitions. Many of them need to grow up and realize that they can’t continue to be children in adult bodies and get away with acting like imbeciles just because they "bring home the bacon". When a man is no longer "needed" for financial or other support, he has to really grow up and be an adult. He has to be someone women can love and respect - someone a woman wants to be with, rather than someone a woman needs. It seems that many men are terrified of this prospect.

Readers, it bugs the living shit out of Yours Truly when I see a guy's friends try to take him down because they're jealous of or threatened by the no-nonsense chick he's dating. My bepenised readers, I implore you, don't put up with that kind of nonsense from your homies! Refer said homies to my man Yoda.

Read the entire post here.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Linnaeus said...

I've never really wanted to be "needed" by a woman, outside of the generally accepted sense that human companionship is something we all need. I've been in a relationship in which I was depended on for just about everything, and quite frankly, I resented it.

An independent woman is also more likely to respect my own independence, which is very valuable to me.

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Ginger, I love that quote!

I like Linnaeus' comment above: I think I too would resent being responsible for providing everything another person was dependent on.

I sometimes think I'm too independent for a lot of guys. but, I'm not gonna change that about myself - or anything else, really. So guys gotta get more secure that I might actually want to be with them because I WANT to, not because I NEED to. Isn't that a million times better, anway?

4:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great quote, for sure.

I've only ever had this happen once, where a circle of 'friends' kept deriding me for dating a strong & independant woman. Idiots. Result: dumped the friends, married the woman (16 years & counting).

5:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know exactly what you mean. back in college i used to make things awkward in social situations by talking back to my friends' boyfriends. they were totally confused by a woman who spoke her mind, and i in turn was confused by their confusion. i didn't remain friends with those people for very long.

as annoying as it can be when men act like dicks in this way, i think it also serves as a handy filter for men you'd want to bother with anyway.

1:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THANK FUCK for women like you...I am not alone...I am dating a highly evolved man who believes that it is imperative to date a strong woman and it's really left me with NO patience for little boys who live out that trite edict: Boys will be boys. Yeah, and then I'll barf all over them.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Ginger said...

You know the old saying: No one is your friend who demands your silence. I think that's very true.

1:53 PM  
Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

michael kors outlet
air jordan
cheap uggs
cheap air jordan
tiffany and co
adidas tubular x
nike huaraches
michael kors outlet
kobe shoes
nike air huarache
coach outlet online
fitflops sale
yeezy boost 350
adidas tubular
michael kors outlet
tiffany jewellery
oakley sunglasses,oakley outlet sunglasses
tiffany and co outlet
nike zoom
tiffany and co outlet
michael kors outlet online
cheap oakley sunglasses
tiffany jewelry
Cheap Jordans For Sale

10:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'll just bookmark this web site.
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/get-rid-of-cockroaches-4.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/get-rid-of-cockroaches-3.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/get-rid-of-cockroaches-2.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/get-rid-of-cockroaches.html

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

dating

I'm a C-list Blogebrity
A Member of Bust's Girl Wide Web

< ? Redhead Blogs # >

Personal Blogs
Personal Blogs /body>