Friday, April 06, 2007

SCTV Moment of Zen - mini tribute

I miss Rick Moranis.

You couldn't watch a comedy in the 80s or early 90s without seeing him, and he was always funny, even when playing the straight guy. He's one of the most brilliant SCTV cast members ever (and that's saying a lot). After his wife passed in '91, he only made a few more movies before going into semi-retirement to raise his two young children. That makes me admire the guy, but it was a loss for his fans.

In recent years, he's written a few hilarious op-ed pieces for the New York times, and re-partnered with Dave Thomas to resurrect the Mackenzie Brothers for the Brother Bear movies. In 2005, he released a comedy country album called The Agoraphobic Cowboy (I hate country music, but I have this album and I love it), and got a well-deserved Grammy nomination for Best Comedy Album. The dude is seriously talented, and Yours Truly has always thought him adorable, since I'm a "funny is sexy" kinda woman. Now that his kids are grown, I'm hoping he'll wade back into movies and television (just a little bit! Please, Rick!).

While I'm waiting, I'll provide a double dose of Zen for your Friday - Rick Moranis's scarily perfect impersonations of Dick Cavett and Woody Allen.



Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Linnaeus said...

Loved Bob and Doug Mackenzie...probably my favorite skit on SCTV.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Ginger said...

Linnaeus, I highly recommend The Agoraphobic Cowboy. I think you would appreciate it.

4:37 PM  
Blogger Linnaeus said...

Thanks, Ging...I'll check it out!

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

dating

I'm a C-list Blogebrity
A Member of Bust's Girl Wide Web

< ? Redhead Blogs # >

Personal Blogs
Personal Blogs /body>