Friday, March 21, 2008

Sweet


In college, I had a roommate who was deathly afraid of marshmallow peeps. I mean it; they scared the shit out of her. I think they're cute, but they taste like ass. Marhsmallows are fun to squeeze, but gross me out. I won't eat them. Nina, on the other hand, would jump at the sight of them. I have to admit that I didn't really take her phobia seriously, because, come on, they're marshmallows, for god's sake.

The second year we lived together, around Easter, I thought it would be funny to buy about two dozen little pink peeps and hide them all over our dorm room. I put them in her backpack; I put them in her underwear drawer; I put one in her hotpot; I even snuck one into the shower right before she jumped in. Poor Nina. She shrieked whenever she found one. I felt awful about it, and promised her that I'd find them all and get rid of them. Problem was, I had hidden all two dozen, and had forgotten where most of them were!

Those goddam peeps kept randomly popping up until the day we moved out, months later.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Letty Cruz said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:23 AM  
Blogger Linnaeus said...

Reminds me of a website called peepresearch.com or something like that in which peeps were used in "science" experiments, with some pretty funny results.

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's hard to take strange phobias seriously. I used to know a girl who was a afraid of tumble weeds.

5:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

dating

I'm a C-list Blogebrity
A Member of Bust's Girl Wide Web

< ? Redhead Blogs # >

Personal Blogs
Personal Blogs /body>