Call for submissions
Readers, I am absolutely tickled to announce that I will be hosting the 28th edition of the Carnival of the Feminists! Here are the categories that Yours Truly would like to see addressed:
• Thinking Globally, Acting Locally (feminist ideals in practice, affecting change)
• Parts is Parts (ways in which the female body is picked apart and judged)
• Dissing the Sisterhood (how and why women will turn on each other for personal gain)
• The Y Factor (male participation in the feminist movement, then and now)
• 'Tis the Season (facing the relatives during the holidays, and dealing with their probing questions about your personal life)
• Funny Feminism (disarming the patriarchy with laughter! If you don't know what I mean, check out these posts.)
• The Next Generation (how will feminism evolve throughout the 21st century?)
Interpret those as you will - I give bonus points for creativity. I will also have a "Miscellaneous" section. If you submit a postitively fabulous post that I can't categorize, you can still represent!
I'm honored and excited to be hosting. The Carnival will be posted on December 6, so please get your entries to me by December 3. Submit your entries by using the carnival submission form, or email me directly. I look forward to hearing from you!
In the meantime, check out the current Carnival at The Body Impolitic.
*The above image is called Young Woman Writing a Letter (detail), Encre Marquet, 1892. Image courtesy Library of Congress, Prints and Photographs Division.