Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Call for submissions

Readers, I am absolutely tickled to announce that I will be hosting the 28th edition of the Carnival of the Feminists! Here are the categories that Yours Truly would like to see addressed:

Thinking Globally, Acting Locally (feminist ideals in practice, affecting change)
Parts is Parts (ways in which the female body is picked apart and judged)
Dissing the Sisterhood (how and why women will turn on each other for personal gain)
The Y Factor (male participation in the feminist movement, then and now)
'Tis the Season (facing the relatives during the holidays, and dealing with their probing questions about your personal life)
Funny Feminism (disarming the patriarchy with laughter! If you don't know what I mean, check out these posts.)
The Next Generation (how will feminism evolve throughout the 21st century?)

Interpret those as you will - I give bonus points for creativity. I will also have a "Miscellaneous" section. If you submit a postitively fabulous post that I can't categorize, you can still represent!

I'm honored and excited to be hosting. The Carnival will be posted on December 6, so please get your entries to me by December 3. Submit your entries by using the carnival submission form, or email me directly. I look forward to hearing from you!

In the meantime, check out the current Carnival at The Body Impolitic.

*The above image is called Young Woman Writing a Letter (detail), Encre Marquet, 1892. Image courtesy Library of Congress, Prints and Photographs Division.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can someone provide me with a concise definition or understanding of feminism? I don't want a thesis, I want a starting point. I'm looking for the heart of it, it's trust and reason for being. I am not totally ignorant, but there may be stereotypes I need to get rid of. I find myself defensive when presented with feminism. So I need to try and understand. It's important for me. I believe it takes courage to be open minded. By that I mean that I truly want to change when I'm wrong. I don't want to be partisan or stick to a belief when I know it's not right. One of the things I'm sensitive to, is the way people treat each other. I am sensitive to the way I treat others and wish to remain so. Likewise, I like to be loved, treated fairly and understood. Ok, hear I am, asking for a pithy explanation, and I go off on a thesis.

Marc

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant "thrust"...

Marc

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have a deadline date, Ginger?

4:06 PM  
Blogger Ginger said...

Sorry Witchy - the deadline is Dec. 3.

5:13 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Ginger,
I hope you received my email in reply to yours.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Ginger said...

I got you loud and clear, Liz, thank you!

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy propecia online buy propecia yahoo answers - propecia online no prescription

5:28 PM  
Blogger rehabgad1 said...



Good write-up. I definitely love this site. Keep it up
http://prokr123.webstarts.com/
http://prokr1235.bravesites.com/
http://rehabgad22.doodlekit.com/blog
http://alatwar.com/
https://www.prokr.net/ksa/jeddah-water-leaks-detection-isolate-companies/

4:50 AM  
Blogger yanmaneee said...

ralph lauren uk
moncler
kd 11
christian louboutin shoes
louboutin shoes
air max 270
air max 270
yeezy
yeezy 700
nike huarache

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

dating

I'm a C-list Blogebrity
A Member of Bust's Girl Wide Web

< ? Redhead Blogs # >

Personal Blogs
Personal Blogs /body>