Tuesday, September 19, 2006

My new obsession

Okay, I'm aware that everybody and their mother has tried her hand at making jewelry, which is one of the reasons I've never gotten into it myself. Last weekend, however, my friend Sarah and I were walking along Abbott Kinney Blvd. in Venice when we stumbled into a shop called The Goddess. This place has a crazy selection of stones, gems, beads and pendants, and offers seminars on jewelry design. Sarah and I were so impressed with the quality of the jewelry in the store that we decided to try our hand at making something. We really enjoyed it! The whole process is incredibly relaxing and therapeutic.

Above is my very first piece! (Click for a larger view). The stones are rutilated quartz, accented with 18k gold spacers. The pendant is a real shell. I'm absolutely in love with it (It's on my neck as I type this), and I get compliments every time I wear it out. I'm in trouble now, dear readers. I do not need yet another hobby, but I can feel myself becoming obsessed!

3 Comments:

Blogger Linnaeus said...

Tres chic, Ginger!

10:20 AM  
Blogger Circe said...

That is beautiful! I've never tried my hand at jewelry making but it sounds like an enjoyable and creative hobby.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Ginger said...

Thanks for the positive feedback everybody! I definitely plan to keep at it. A friend of mine loves my necklace so much, I'm going to make her something simlar for her birthday. I'll post a pic when it's done!

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

dating

I'm a C-list Blogebrity
A Member of Bust's Girl Wide Web

< ? Redhead Blogs # >

Personal Blogs
Personal Blogs /body>