Sunday, April 27, 2008

Mmmmm, I love the smell of paternal condescension in the morning

So I open my email box this morning, and what do I find but a note from a 55 year old gentleman called SamPedro:

You're by far the best woman I've seen on this site, in every respect. Too bad you're too young for me.

First of all, what is the deal with guys getting in touch with me just to tell me that we're incompatible? Are they trying to pull a neg? Do they think I'll shoot them an email right back, begging them to give me a chance? They're just annoying me, and they are incompatible with me.

It got better; Sam suggested a few (completely unnecessary) punctuation and grammar edits to my profile. What?!

Thanks, teach, but if you think that's going to charm a lady, you're the one who has lots to learn.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Weird, I just noticed this about two days ago regarding my online dating service. In my online profile, I wrote that I prefer men that about my height (I'm 5'11), my age (I'm 26) and that I will under no circumstance date a smoker.

Well, many men have written to express their regret that they're not my type (too old or because they smoke) and I am at loss at how to answer. And I agree, it's REALLY annoying!

6:04 AM  
Blogger Linnaeus said...

The "neg" is the first thing I'd think is going on here. That guy probably doesn't think you're too young for him, but figures this is some way to challenge you in order to pique your curiosity.

This kind of manipulation is one of things that can make dating for either women or men, gay or straight, a frustrating experience.

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

dating

I'm a C-list Blogebrity
A Member of Bust's Girl Wide Web

< ? Redhead Blogs # >

Personal Blogs
Personal Blogs /body>