Wednesday, January 17, 2007

A sign of the apocalypse

It snowed today in Malibu. MALIBU!

I am stunned to see an actual snowplow in the photo. A month ago, I would have staked my life on the belief that none are to be found within a 100 mile radius of Los Angeles.

We've had all kinds of bizarre cold and rainy weather in LA for too long now. That's it. I'm filing an official complaint.

Dear East Coast Weather:
Thank you for the visit, since I didn't get to see you when I was in New York for Christmas. It was, in fact, at least 55 degrees every day for the duration of my stay; I understand that Long Island has experienced temperatures in the 70s since I got back to Los Angeles.

Cold weather, perhaps you are lost. It happens to the best of us occasionally. Allow me to remind you: you belong on the east coast. Or in the midwest. Or in Canada. You are not supposed to come any further west than Colorado, or any further south than San Fransisco. GO HOME. I moved here to get away from you! Cheers – G.

P.S. West Coast Weather, kindly GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE.


A snowplow. In MALIBU. Oh, HELL no.

The end is nigh, Repent.

4 Comments:

Blogger yogaprincess said...

Can you believe it G? The weather up in the Bay has been cold. SF got snow last night! A town up north closed down a major street because of black ice! Well, if the end is in sight may we leave with no regrets, a glass of champagne in one hand and naughty boy down below. :)

8:08 PM  
Blogger Linnaeus said...

It's been strange up here in the Emerald City as well since November. We just had our second winter snowstorm of the season; mind you, this is a place where we get snow maybe once every few years.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

It's cold enough *now* in the Northeast, thank you! The rhododendrons look like little cigars.

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll take the cold back
ONLY if you include some sunshine with it.
Deal?
signed
pennsylvania landscape

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

dating

I'm a C-list Blogebrity
A Member of Bust's Girl Wide Web

< ? Redhead Blogs # >

Personal Blogs
Personal Blogs /body>