Monday, January 15, 2007

A good year

I'm a bit late posting this, but today is Diary of a Freak Magnet's first birthday!

Readers, it has been a tremendous twelve months for Yours Truly. I started this blog purely for the amusement of my family and friends; I would never have guessed that it would grow so quickly through mere word of mouth. I've gotten hits from all over the world, been interviewed on the radio twice, been featured in an online article, and had the honor of hosting a feminist carnival.

It's been quite the thrill ride. One of the best parts of becoming a blogger has been getting to know those of you who've popped by to say hello. You really do become a part of a community when you put yourself out there in cyberspace - the experience of creating this blog has been partly shaped by your presence. Getting your comments and emails has been amazing; knowing that my writing is capable of making people laugh and think makes my day! I knew that one day all the freaks that have crossed my path would be good for something...

I have a New Year's resolution to write a lot more frequently in 2007. In honor of my blog's 1st birthday, I present my favorite post from the past year. Here's to the next twelve months - I hope that those of you who lurk, but don't comment, will make yourselves heard this year!


Speaking of birthdays, a humble tribute to Dr. King. Men and women who share your vision are sorely needed these days.

Finally, all hail the Queen!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats! it has been great fun reading this blog...

2:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday & Congrats. I've had a lot of fun reading your blog these past couple months.

5:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your First Blog Birthday!!! You are one talented young lady!!
MarMar

5:52 AM  
Blogger Linnaeus said...

Nice little place you've been runnin' here the past year, Ging. :)

And we were supposed to follow the Queen link to read about Helen Mirren or scroll down to the breast shot at the bottom of the page? I guess there's something for everyone here at Diary of a Freak Magnet. ;)

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Ginger said...

Bwaha, I didn't scroll down far enough to see the boob shot. Well, never let it be said that I don't offer a variety of amusements.

6:56 PM  
Blogger yogaprincess said...

Happy 1st!

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"In the name of the best within you, do not sacrifice this world to those who are at its worst. In the name of the values that keep you alive, do not let your vision of man be distorted by the ugly, the cowardly, the mindless in those who have never achieved his title. Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is in an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark, in the hopeless swamps of the approximate, the not-quite, the not-yet, the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish,in lonely frustration for the life you deserved, but have never been able to reach. Check your road and the nature of your battle. The world you desired can be won, it is real, it is possible, it's yours." Ayn Rand

Congratulations on your marvelous milestone! It has been quite an
amazing journey. Looking forward to the new year ahead!
Literary Lady

10:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And many more.....

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

dating

I'm a C-list Blogebrity
A Member of Bust's Girl Wide Web

< ? Redhead Blogs # >

Personal Blogs
Personal Blogs /body>