Thursday, August 21, 2008

What should Ginger do?

Peeps, I am in love with Mad Men; it's one of the greatest shows on television, and let's face it, we were all waiting for somebody to fill the old Sopranos Sunday night spot with some quality. The clothes! The writing! The unflinching portrayals of complicated characters who present a perfect image and fall apart trying to keep it together! I am in heaven.

For reasons that I'm sure are obvious, Joan is my favorite character. Redhead solidarity! She's very accurately described as "...a complicated, guarded survivor in an era that wasn't kind to women with professional ambitions." (Has anything changed? End sarcasm). On a totally superficial note, she's inspiring me to wear more color. I tend to avoid brighter colors in my wardrobe for fear that they'll make me look like a human sherbet, but I think I'm going to start rocking yellows, pinks and reds.

Every year, I look for a famous redhead to be for Halloween. Past costumes include:

Catwoman


Jessica Rabbit


and Ginger, (of course).

I was having trouble finding a redheaded icon for this year's festivities. I supposed I could be Wilma, but I'd need a Fred...I was considering Lucille Ball or Lizzie Borden, either of which could be really fun. But now I've found Joan...the pressure's off! I just need to find period clothes and a pen on a chain, and I'm good to go.

I've added "What Would Joan Holloway Do?" to my blogroll. Maybe I should change my icon to this?

What do you think, does my image need another update?

Labels:

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cyndi Lauper????
Or maybe Catherine The Great? Nah, you'd have to rent a horse....

4:56 PM  
Blogger Ginger said...

EW.

I won't have anything spoken against Kate the Great...she was slandered by pathetic men who had problems with powerful women.

7:00 PM  
Blogger Linnaeus said...

The question of your icon/avatar aside (I do rather like Jessica), I think Lucille Ball would be a great Halloween idea.

8:52 PM  
Blogger Ginger said...

I'd need a Ricky, though.

I think I'll stick with my icon and try Joan on for Halloween. I know I can be Jessica because I've already done it, but will I pull off Head Secretary With A Magic Gold Pen? It remains to be seen.

6:54 PM  
Blogger Linnaeus said...

I don't see why you couldn't, Ging. What makes the costume is the attitude; somehow, I don't see you lacking in that. ;)

8:44 PM  
Blogger keshmeshi said...

I love that red dress. Hot damn.

12:11 AM  
Blogger Linnaeus said...

On the "guy" end of things, maybe we need to bring back gunmetal suits and narrow ties.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Ginger said...

Yeah, kesh, I second that. You know, I tend to shy away from wearing red. Joan is making me reconsider.

7:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

qzz0707
nike revolution
soccer jerseys
christian louboutin outlet
michael kors outlet
ysl outlet
ray ban sunglasses
ugg outlet
pandora charms
fitflops sale clearance
ray ban sunglasses

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

dating

I'm a C-list Blogebrity
A Member of Bust's Girl Wide Web

< ? Redhead Blogs # >

Personal Blogs
Personal Blogs /body>